Your personal data and how we use it
Collection of your personal data
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our physical stores (including our boutiques):
- If you are not a registered user, you will be browsing our Site as a guest. We will not collect or use any personal data from you (except when you choose to place an order with us as a guest) but you may not be able to use all the services and features that we offer to registered users.
- You will need to input certain of your personal data when registering with us on our Site (such as your name and contact details), in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate in our private sales.
- You can place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to fulfill the relevant order (such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information).
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our physical stores, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide. For instance, you may be required to provide us with your personal data when you apply for or use our Privilege Card; to purchase from us or make enquiries at our stores or over the telephone;; to provide feedback to us (such as via a survey); or to participate in our promotions and events (such as Private Sales).
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the "Purposes"):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, providing our Privilege Card to you, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the "Marketing Communications" section below.
- Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
Other points of note regarding your personal data
Please also note that:
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide some of our services and features to you.
- Subject to where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us.
Collection of anonymous data from you
Separately, we may collect certain anonymous data from you on our Site:
- We collect anonymous data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server's usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name. We may use analytics cookies for this purpose You may opt-out of the collection of such data at any time.
- We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of our: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS or postal mail.
- Such marketing communications may market or offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television and other entertainment, clothing and accessories, jewellery, luggages and bags, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, home furnishings, and housewares, automobiles, transport and travel, hotels, financial services, loyalty and reward programs, media services, entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, on-line advertising services, other e-commerce, information and communications and services, concierge services, and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us (for instance, via your participation in our surveys).
- You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by: (a) amending your preferences in accordance with "How to check and update your personal data" section below, (b) contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (c) in the case of emails, by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such emails.
Security and protection of your information
We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
If you are a registered user on our Site, you may decide to store your Paypal details with us to make your shopping faster and simpler. You will need to re-enter your Paypal details if you decide to ship an order to a new shipping address - this is to protect your details and to guarantee that your Paypalis only used for shipping addresses that you have approved. We will not transfer your Paypal details to any third parties except with your prior consent.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located and use your personal data outside of your country of residence):
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
- Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your personal data in an anonymous format and which does not (and is not able to) identify you in any way.
How to check and update your personal data
You may wish to access, verify, update or delete any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by:
- If you are a registered user on our Site, logging in to WWW.JOYCE.COM using the SIGN IN menu. You will be asked to fill in your email address and password. You will then be able to view and/or update your personal data using the different sections of the MY ACCOUNT page including your, shipping and billing addresses and email preferences.
- Alternatively, where you have provided your personal data via means other than our Site as a registered user, by: (a) contacting our Privacy Officer (at the details as set out at "Our Contact Details" section below), or (b) completing a Personal Data Update form at one of our stores.
Our contact details