Terms of service
This agreement does not acknowledge any relationship between you and Joyce (partnership, collaboration, employment, or otherwise). It does not entitle you to hold yourself as a representative of Joyce.
If you have any comment about the Site or this TOS please Contact Us.
If you are under 18, by registering for an account with us or otherwise using our Services, you agree that you have informed your parents and guardians about the TOS prior to such registration or use, and they have approved of such registration or use by you on the terms of the TOS. JOYCE reserves the right to only accept orders from you if you are aged 18 or over.
We will never ask you for your account’s password either in writing (via email or otherwise), in person or on the phone. In using the Site, you are responsible for: (i) safeguarding any passwords used to access your account and our Services, and (ii) all use of our Services under your account. Please take reasonable care in protecting access to your account from any unauthorized use. If you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised or if there is unauthorised use of your account, please contact us immediately.
Prohibitions and failure to comply
We may take actions against your account for activities including, but not limited to:
- Submitting material (including, but not limited to text, images, music or video) of which you do not have the full right to grant the license specified in the “Submitted Content” section above.
- Using any technology to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts or disrupt any of our Services in any way.
- Initiating communications that contain any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material.
- Advertising or sending unsolicited messages of any kind.
- Impersonating others or providing any kind of false information.
- Starting or forwarding chain letters of any kind.
JOYCE reserves the right to terminate any account at its sole discretion We may send you an email to inform you of the termination of your account in such event.
All software and “Content” (which is defined as, or includes, any text, audio or music, video, graphics, photographs, and image) are the intellectual property of JOYCE and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any non-personal and/or commercial use of the Content is only permitted when expressly authorised by JOYCE and/or its third party licensors. You may not distribute, reproduce, publish, sell or license any Content contained within the Site without prior consent or authorization of JOYCE. Any such unauthorized actions may result in civil consequences or criminal penalties.
JOYCE reserves the right to withdraw or amend any item of the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Third party links
The Site may include links to other websites or resources that are not operated or prepared by JOYCE. We have no control over such sites and resources and we will not accept responsibility for them or be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of them.
Eligibility to purchase
In order to place orders with us, you must meet our conditions of eligibility:
- Be aged 18 years of age or over
- Be in possession of a valid Paypal account to make payment to JOYCE
- Providing personal and payment details that are warranted by you to be both valid and accurate (email address, real name, phone number, billing information and other requested information as indicated on the Site).
All orders are subject to stock availability and confirmation of the order price. Items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers.
The Site is for your personal use only. You may not purchase goods from the Site for reselling purposes or commercial exploitation.
JOYCE will endeavour to ensure that the Content and the product descriptions on the Site to be accurate and complete as possible. We however do not warrant that “Content” and product descriptions are accurate, complete, current or error-free. Please refer to our Returns policy if you feel a product offered by JOYCE is not as described.
Prices are shown on the Site in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) in Hong Kong , depending on the shipping country as shown in the upper-left corner on the Site or indicated by you while placing an order.
Prices displayed on the Site at the time your order is accepted will be honoured except in the case of obvious error. Whilst we use our best endeavours to ensure that all prices appearing on the Site are accurate, we do not guarantee that they are error-free and reserve our right to rectify any errors. If we discover an error in the price of any products that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.
Taxes and duties applicable to your order depend on the shipping country of your order:
- Hong Kong orders are not subject to taxes and duties.
- Orders from countries served on a Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) basis will incur relevant import tax and duty and will be included in the final purchase price. This one-step process is for your convenience. Please note that the import tax and duty charges would be passed to the relevant local Customs authorities and are therefore non-refundable in the event of a return or exchange. You will only be charged taxes and duties once for exchanges; JOYCE will cover the cost of taxes and duties for the replacement.
Please refer to SHIPPING for the most up-to-date list of countries served on a DDP basis.
- Customers placing orders from countries served on a Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) basis will only be charged for the price of the product(s) purchased (excluding taxes and duties) and the delivery costs. Customers will be responsible for the payment of all import tax and duties levied by the country to which the products are shipped and payment of the said tax and duties is necessary for the release of the products ordered from the Customs on arrival. Our courier, DHL, will contact customers about the details of any import duty to pay. We advise you to contact your local customs authority to determine the cost of import tax and duties of your order prior to your placing orders with us.
We accept only payments made using a valid Paypal account.
Our payment processes meet the security standards set down by Paypalto make your shopping experience safe and secure. If you have registered an account on the Site and have decided to save your Paypal details with us, your details will be fully encrypted, solely used to process transactions that you have initiated and securely stored on our systems. In the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be liable for any loss you may suffer if any third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when using our Services.
Acceptance of your order
Once you have entered your personal and payment details and placed your order, we shall send you an email acknowledging the receipt of your order. This email is only a confirmation of receipt of your order and does not constitute an acceptance of your order.
Your order will be accepted and the contract between you and JOYCE will be completed when we send you an email to confirm the goods have been dispatched to you. Only the goods listed in the confirmation email sent at the time of dispatch are included in the contract formed. All sales contracts are therefore concluded in Hong Kong SAR and are written in English.
JOYCE reserves its right not to accept an order for any reason at its sole discretion. Such reasons include, but are not limited to, one of the following:
- The product you ordered is out of stock, or is withdrawn due to its failure to meet our quality standards or due to the shipping restrictions applicable to one or all of the ordered items.
- We identify a pricing or product description error.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for payment.
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria to purchase as set out in this TOS.
Our Customer Service team will contact you as soon as possible if there are any problems with your order.
Nothing in the TOS is intended to affect your rights under the Law in Hong Kong SAR.
Views expressed in any media by the designers, companies or third parties, whose products are sold at our stores or on the Site or with whom we are associated, are their own. JOYCE takes no responsibility for any such views as they do not necessarily reflect ours.
JOYCE does not guarantee that the use of the Site and Services will be error-free or that the Site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We recommend all users of the Site to ensure they have up-to-date software, including anti-virus, installed.
Some events may happen beyond our reasonable control, such as adverse weather. Under such conditions, JOYCE will always do its best to aim at maintaining its Services but will not be responsible for failing to meet any obligations in this TOS.
Indemnity and waiver
At our request, you agree to compensate us fully and hold us, JOYCE (including its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers), harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees, arising from any breach of the TOS by you. This includes the use of the Site by any other persons using your account caused by your action or inaction.
If you breach the TOS and we take no action against you, it is no wavier for us to exercise our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the TOS.
We have our complaints handling procedure that we will use to try to resolve any disputes when they first arise. Please contact our Customer Service team for any order related complaints or comments.
JOYCE respects the intellectual property of others. If you have reason to believe your work may have been used in the Site without your permission, please contact us following this complaints handling procedure.
Governing law and jurisdiction
The TOS, together with all our policies and procedures, are governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong SAR law. The relevant courts of Hong Kong SAR will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these TOS.